This morning, I made Strawberry Cream Cheese Crepes and I had to share with you:
Strawberry Cream Cheese Crepes
1 jar quality strawberry jam or preserves (Such as mine)
1 block cream cheese (or one container whipped)
previously made crepes (See this recipe from Alton Brown)
powdered sugar, white sugar, or cinnamon sugar for dusting (optional)
Note: Some supermarkets actually sell ready-made crepes in a plastic bag like you'd buy flour tortillas. They tend to be in the produce aisle near the tofu and such. Also, crepes will keep well in a zip-top bag in the fridge, so you can make a big batch and enjoy twice that week.
1) If using block cream cheese, place 1/2 of the block in a bowl and microwave on high 10-20 seconds until soft and spreadable but not runny. Stir. Heat the other 1/2 block only if needed.
2) If crepes are cold, heat one briefly on both sides in a non-stick skillet.
3) Using a rubber spatula, spread a thin layer of cream cheese into the center 1/3 of a crepe. Spread 1-2 teaspoons of jam over the cream cheese. Don't overfill.
4) Fold crepe in thirds like a business letter. Place in the skillet over medium heat.
5) Heat crepe on both sides till warm. Remove to a plate and dust with sugar (optional).