In an effort to get some posts out more frequently and because I too read a lot of nice things that I'd like to share, I thought I'd try doing a similar weekly post called "Friday Thoughts." Let me know if you like it.
- This nice and rather heartwarming blog post about a person who decided to spend the day doing good for others instead of having others do stuff for her. Ganked from Ashley's "What I'm Digging" post.
- As we'll be ramping-up soon to start solid foods with our first daughter, this post really hit home for me. I've been doing a lot of reading on the subject and it seems that the world has suddenly gone and got itself all scared about allergies, to the point where we might not be expanding our kids palates fast enough out of fear. When just under 5% of US kids have food allergies and a good portion of them are probably not life threatening, the panic all starts to seem kind of silly.
- Democrat or Republican, you gotta admire a US President who's willing to shoot a marshmallow cannon in the State Dining Room of the Whitehouse.
- I've been wanting to try to make pickled garlic for awhile. I tried some while on a trip to Vermont and it's a lot less garlicky than you'd expect. Quite tasty and almost mellow.
- While I'm not a Vegetarian, these Brown Rice Burgers look mighty tasty (without the hot chilies for me, thank you).