As mentioned in my previous post, I've been on a journey to teach myself to sew. The last project you saw was a simple dress that I made for my daughter from a commercial pattern.
The next project was a tad more difficult. It was another dress, but one that included a curved bib around the neck, a zipper that is installed AFTER dress construction (no small feat), two different fabrics, gathering, and an underskirt/petticoat.
It was a heck of a challenge and Burda is not known for having the most detailed instructions, but nonetheless, I'm pleased with the results and so is my daughter.
(Google Photos actually offered me that artsy pop-color print, so why not!)
Alicia (the doll) does not have a matching dress, but I did order a bunch of plain white headbands and whipped-up a quick matching headband with some strips of leftover fabric.
Overall, I'm quite pleased with how this dress turned-out. There are
a couple of small flaws that I can see, but your average person won't
notice them. Also, this pattern has some flaws in the bodice
construction, in my opinion. I probably won't be making it as-is again,
but I like the silhouette and might re-use the pattern pieces to make a
simpler sun dress.
(Listen to me, I'm sounding like an accomplished sewist.)